Jeanne Vaillancourt, Marjorie May, and Virginia Chatterton, members of Chi Alpha Epsilon of Pasadena, Pasadena, 1936
- Jeanne Vaillancourt, Marjorie May, and Virginia Chatterton, members of Chi Alpha Epsilon of Pasadena, Pasadena, 1936
- Kentle, Jean
- Date Created
- [circa May 1, 1936]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Virginia Chatterton became Virginia R. Abeel in 1939.
This photograph appears in "Greek-Letter Girls to be Film Stars," Los Angeles Times, 03 May 1936: D6.
Left to right: Jeanne Vaillancourt, Marjorie May, and Virginia Chatterton. The women are outside on a patio. Vaillaincourt is seated in a wicker chair, May is standing in the middle, and Chatterton sits on the arm of another wicker chair. Vaillaincourt and Chatterton are looking at each other while May looks at the camera. All three hold masks of famous actresses: Greta Garbo, Jean Harlow, and Zasu Pitts, respectively.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Fraternities & sororities--California--Los Angeles County
Women--Clothing & dress--United States--1930-1940
Chatterton, Virginia (Virginia R.), 1920-
May, Marjorie D., 1918-1997
Chi Alpha Epsilon of Pasadena
Vaillancourt, Jeanne, $d. b. 1921
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .