A chick hatching, Los Angeles, 1937
- A chick hatching, Los Angeles, 1937
- Date Created
- April 26, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The Los Angeles Times uses the chick in their advertisement of the sale of the Midwinter Number, including the Tournament of Roses Section attractively enclosed in colorful holiday wrapper, which can be sent to non-residents anywhere in the world for the price of 25c including mailing and postage prepaid.
Similar photograph appears with the advertisement, "The Los Angeles Times Annual Midwinter Number," Los Angeles Times, 02 Jan 1937: 13.
The chick pictured here was hatched in The Times' photograph room. The Times' cameraman took successive "shots" from the time it began to peck its way out of the shell until it stood as shown above.
The baby chick tries to stand between the cracked remains of his eggshell.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .