Dr. Calvin B. Bridges with his newly designed automobile, Pasadena, 1936
- Dr. Calvin B. Bridges with his newly designed automobile, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- April 17, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Dr. Bridges stands beside his automobile resting an arm on the hood of the car positioned in front of a building that says Auto Repairing.
For two years Dr. Bridges would work for hours at the garage of 1110 North Fair Oaks Avenue on his "Lightning Bug", an automobile he claims to improve safety, economy and roadability.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Crash-Proof Auto Ready," Los Angeles Times, 17 Apr 1936: A2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
California Institute of Technology
Bridges, Calvin Blackman, 1889-1938
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .