Marguerite Caswell on the track, Los Angeles, 1936
- Marguerite Caswell on the track, Los Angeles, 1936
- McCrory, John H. (John Howard), 1901-1946
- Date Created
- March-April 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Marguerite crouches down over the track sticking a small shovel into the dirt.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "L.A.J.C. Girl Hopes to Make Sprint Team," Los Angeles Times, 29 Mar 1936: 17.
Los Angeles Junior College student Marguerite Caswell is a sprint runner of dazzling speed. Her Coach Harry Campbell believes that she could qualify for the American Olympic Games team. She has approached record-breaking time in practice and holds victories over her male opponents.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .