Captain B. P. Hastings and runaway 11-year-old James Kerr Jr., Compton, 1936
- Captain B. P. Hastings and runaway 11-year-old James Kerr Jr., Compton, 1936
- Date Created
- April 15, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Cropped photograph appears with the article, "Roving Boy Surrenders," Los Angeles Times,
James raises his finger to gesture as he and Captain Hastings smile.
James complained that after his sister Alta was captured during their runaway from their home at 1707 North Spring Street, Compton, his drifting was not as fun, and the boy let himself get captured by authorities.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Hastings, Bart P., b. 1891 or 92
Kerr, James Leonard Jr., 1924-2011
- Compton (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .