Film actress Merna Kennedy at her mother Maude Gernert's trial for divorce, Los Angeles, 1936
- Film actress Merna Kennedy at her mother Maude Gernert's trial for divorce, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 9, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Miss Kennedy stands beside her mother, the fingers of one hand just visible over Mrs. Gernert's shoulder.
Mr. and Mrs. Gernert, married on June 14th of last year, appeared in court to address a divorce suit. Mrs. Gernert's chief witness is actress daughter Merna Kennedy, and witness Leonard J. Judd, a mutual friend of the couple, claims that Mrs. Gernert lacked respect for her husband, constantly quarrelling with him and calling him names.
Photograph appears with the article, "Family Row Aired In Suit," Los Angeles Times, 09 Apr 1936: A3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Kennedy, Merna, 1908-1944
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .