Deveda Smith divorces her abusive husband, Los Angeles, 1936
- Deveda Smith divorces her abusive husband, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 9, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Mrs. Deveda Smith was awarded divorce from husband Francis H. Smith and custody of their five-month-old son William after testifying of his verbal abuse, violence and alcoholism.
Photograph appears with the article, "Drink Leads To Divorce," Los Angeles Times, 09 Apr 1936: 9.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Abused women--California--Los Angeles
- Smith, Deveda
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .