Archbishop Athenagoras visits Los Angeles, 1936
- Archbishop Athenagoras visits Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 5, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Archbishop Athenagoras has lived in New York for the past six years, and on April 5th conducted Palm Sunday services with assistance from Reverend G. Papanagiotou as part of an inspective tour of churches on the West Coast.
Photograph appears with the article, "Archbishop Visits City," Los Angeles Times, 06 Apr 1936: A1.
Standing outside, Athenagoras wears long, plain black robes and a tall black hat and a large piece of jewelry hanging from his chest. His beard goes past his shoulders and he holds a staff in his right fist. Another church official watches him in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .