Mayor P. H. McQuillen reads a message from Ellen Highsmith's homing pigeon, Los Angeles, 1936
- Mayor P. H. McQuillen reads a message from Ellen Highsmith's homing pigeon, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 5, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the headline, "Pigeon Carries Bid to Upland," Los Angeles Times, 05 Apr 1936: A15.
Mayor McQuillen reads a tiny piece of paper while Ellen Highsmith stands behind him holding a pigeon in her cupped hands.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .