Winner of the 1896 Fiesta de las Flores of Los Angeles, 1936
- Winner of the 1896 Fiesta de las Flores of Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 3, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Long-Lost Gift Found," Los Angeles Times, 03 Apr 1936: A1.
Mildred Howell Lewis was crowned queen of the third Los Angeles Fiesta de las Flores in 1896, but lost the medal that went along with the honor, until it was discovered recently by two blacksmiths shifting through ash heaps recently in Santa Ana.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.