Charles Griffen combs through telegraphic bets for an investigation, Los Angeles, 1936
- Charles Griffen combs through telegraphic bets for an investigation, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 29, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph appears with the article, “TRACK LINK IN TIPSTER RAID FOUND: Women Quizzed by Officials ‘Sucker’ Card Index Hints Bets Wired to Tanforan Source of List,” Los Angeles Times, 29 Mar. 1936: 1.
Photograph of Charles Griffen looking through drawers filled with cards for an investigation. The cards are indexed with the names of those who placed telegraphic bets on races. Griffen is standing in the photograph and wears a suit and tie. The open drawers sit on a desk, and in the background there is a closed door.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Griffin, Charles J., 1891-1972
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .