Recently recovered medal of Mildred Howell Lewis from her crowning as queen of the third Los Angeles Fiesta de las Flores in 1896, Los Angeles, 1936
- Recently recovered medal of Mildred Howell Lewis from her crowning as queen of the third Los Angeles Fiesta de las Flores in 1896, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- April 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Mildred Howell Lewis was crowned queen of the third Los Angeles Fiesta de las Flores in 1896, but lost the medal that went along with the honor, until it was discovered recently by two blacksmiths shifting through ash heaps recently in Santa Ana.
A close-up of the badge shows that it sports the words LOS ANGELES 1896 MRS MILDRED H. LEWIS LA FIESTA QUEEN
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Long-Lost Gift Found," Los Angeles Times, 03 Apr 1936: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .