J. J. Engbrecht, Sergeant Joseph O. Dircks, Sergeant M. E. Wheeler, Motor Officer Lee J. Young and Detective Lieutenant Emmett E. Jones surround Chief of Police James E. Davis, Los Angeles, 1936
- J. J. Engbrecht, Sergeant Joseph O. Dircks, Sergeant M. E. Wheeler, Motor Officer Lee J. Young and Detective Lieutenant Emmett E. Jones surround Chief of Police James E. Davis, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 28, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Police Display Trophies Won at Shoot," Los Angeles Times, 28 Mar 1936: A1.
Five gold trophies were awarded to the LAPD officers at the national midwinter pistol tournament in Tampa, Florida, where they won eight out of eleven championship matches.
Five smiling police officers, mostly dressed in uniform, each hold a large trophy surrounding a seated Chief of Police Davis, who smiles back.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Jones, Emmett E., b. 1900
Davis, James E. (James Edgar), 1889-1949
Engbrecht, J.J. b. ca. 1902-2004
Dircks, Joseph O., (Sergeant)
Young, Lee J. b. ca. 1900-1985
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .