Road in the mountains, Turkey, 1895
- Road in the mountains, Turkey, 1895
- Sachtleben, William Lewis
- Date Created
- Sachtleben (William Lewis) Papers. Collection 1841
This photograph was most probably taken in 1895, when William Sachtleben was in Turkey to investigate the disappearance of cyclist Frank Lenz who had last been seen near Erzurum. Notes accompanying negatives indicate that during this trip, Sachtleben was in Bursa and travelled from Trabzon to Erzurum. Sachtleben's 1891 photographs of his bicycle tour across Asia have a circular format.
View down a road in the mountains with a snow-covered peak in the distance. There are 2 tall poles along the road.
- 1 photographic negative
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.