Mertie West and Agnes Whitaker walk by a rest stop, Little Lake, 1940
- Mertie West and Agnes Whitaker walk by a rest stop, Little Lake, 1940
- West, H. H. (Henry Hebard), 1872-1958
- Date Created
- August 29 to September 7, 1940
- No linguistic content
- West (H. H.) Collection
Mertie West was H. H. West's second wife. Agnes Whitaker was Mertie's sister-in-law.
Mertie West and Agnes Whitaker walk by a rest stop. Both women hold their purses under their arms. Mrs. West wears a headband and glasses. Mrs. Whitaker wears a flat hat and she looks at the camera. The building behind them has a stone façade and pillars in front, as well as a wooden pergola. The sign hanging on it reads, "Little Lake café." There are two doors at the side of the building with crates piled up on the ground. There is a metal canister at the right of the door next to a metal locker and a large, wooden box. There is a tree behind the wooden box. In the background, there is a car parked by a building that has a sign on top reading, "Standard Oil products."
- 1 photographic negative
- Rest stops--California--Little Lake
Whitaker, Agnes Hawley, 1878-1967
West, Mertie Whitaker, 1875-1972
- California--Little Lake
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.