Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, Los Angeles, 1936
- Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 19, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Where Can I Find a Country?", Los Angeles Times, 05 Apr 1936: I4.
Arnold Arnot is a man not even sure of his age. He speculates that he could be anywhere from 33 to 37 years old, possibly of French and Russian descent from his parents, who were murdered by Communists when he was young. He recounts his harrowing journey serving for the Russian White army, multiple imprisonments, and narrow escapes from death, which eventually lead to him living in Hollywood, trying to earn his wages as a dishwasher.
A close-up photograph of Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, in French.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .