Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, Los Angeles, 1936
- Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 19, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Where Can I Find a Country?", Los Angeles Times, 05 Apr 1936: I4.
A close-up photograph of Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, in French.
Arnold Arnot is a man not even sure of his age. He speculates that he could be anywhere from 33 to 37 years old, possibly of French and Russian descent from his parents, who were murdered by Communists when he was young. He recounts his harrowing journey serving for the Russian White army, multiple imprisonments, and narrow escapes from death, which eventually lead to him living in Hollywood, trying to earn his wages as a dishwasher.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.