Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, 1936
- Arnold Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, 1936
- Date Created
- March 19, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A close-up photograph of Arnot's Certificat De Bonne Conduite, in French.
Photograph appears with the article, "Where Can I Find a Country?," Los Angeles Times, 05 Apr 1936: I4.
Arnold Arnot is a man not even sure of his age. He speculates that he could be anywhere from 33 to 37 years old, possibly of French and Russian descent from his parents, who were murdered by Communists when he was young. He recounts his harrowing journey serving for the Russian White army, multiple imprisonments, and narrow escapes from death, which eventually lead to him living in Hollywood, trying to earn his wages as a dishwasher.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .