Inspector C. S. Bauder offers Chiefie the deer a cigarette, Los Angeles, 1936
- Inspector C. S. Bauder offers Chiefie the deer a cigarette, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- March 15, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Pet Deer Found In Bed As Game Wardens Call," Los Angeles Times, 15 Mar 1936: 8.
Mrs. Verna Cover has a license to look after Chiefie, a 250-pound 3-year-old deer that was found as a fawn near Boulder, Colorado, making him coffee and giving him a bed to sleep in.
Chiefie the deer sits behind a desk in the office while Inspector Bauder offers the animals a cigarette and onlookers watch in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .