"Christopher Columbus" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Christopher Columbus" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
Float showing Christopher Columbus (Paul A. Jones) presenting 2 Indians to the King (Charles Luse) and Queen (Mary Louis Tompkins) of Spain, entered by the city of Santa Barbara. The float is seen passing the Goodhue Flagpole in the center of the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Jones, Paul A., 1897-1960
Tompkins, Mary Louise, b. 1920 or 21
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .