"World Peace in 1918" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "World Peace in 1918" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
"World Peace in 1918" float, entered by the city of Lynwood, preceded by floral doves attached to the float by streamers, with an enthroned Goddess of Peace , Margaret Decker, and riders Betty Clark (Ada Elizabeth Clark) and Helen Whipp. Lettering on the float reads "Armistice, Peace Comes to the World." The float is passing the Goodhue Flagpole in the center of the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Whipp, Helen N., b. 1920 or 21
Clark, Betty, b. 1922 or 23
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .