"Benjamin Franklin" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Benjamin Franklin" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of the Altadena float submission showing Benjamin Franklin (Howard J. Stevenson) and a young assistant (Mickey McCarty) working at a hand press. The float is seen passing the Goodhue Flagpole in the center of the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Stevenson, Howard J., 1913-1971
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .