Will Rogers commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Will Rogers commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
Float representing the China clipper airplane with 'Los Angeles' and 'China Clipper' written on it viewed by crowd to celebrate Los Angeles Pacific air connections. Riding that float are Mariella Ferguson in Spanish costume at the front, and Virginia Grondahl in Hawaiian costume at the back
View of the Laguna Beach entry float of flowers arranged into image of humorist Will Rogers, to commemorate his 1935 death. The float rounds the corner at Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
This view was taken near 337 W. Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Rogers, Will, 1879-1935
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .