"Remember the Alamo" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Remember the Alamo" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
View of the float titled "Remember the Alamo" With a central floral star and with floral renditions of the 6 flags associated with Texas with 6 girls representing different countries riding. Carol Hill was "Miss America," Betty Yost, "Miss Confederacy," Madeline Hollingsworth, "Miss Texas," Shirley Gregory, "Miss Mexico," Betty Smith, "Miss Spain," and Marsenlane Elliott, "Miss France."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Tournament of Roses
Parker, Marsenlane A. Elliott, 1918-1996
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .