"Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The building behind the float located at 337 W. Colorado Blvd. is still there (as of 2014).
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
Close-up view of South Pasadena's float at 1936 Tournament of Roses Parade which depicts the court of Louis XVI (Robert de Golia) and Marie Antoinette (Mary Bellerue) in a garden at Versailles. The float is guarded by out-walkers costumed as Nubian servants. Winner of sweepstakes award at parade.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
De Golia, Robert
Bellerue, Mary Bernice, b. 1918
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .