"Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of South Pasadena's float at 1936 Tournament of Roses Parade which depicts the court of Louis XVI (Robert de Golia) and Marie Antoinette (Mary Bellerue) in a garden at Versailles with a peacock at the front, and with 2 ladies in waiting (Jeanette Thompson and Mary Jean Lloyd). The float is guarded by out-walkers costumed as Nubian servants. Winner of sweepstakes award at parade.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Lloyd, Mary Jean, b. 1918 or 19
De Golia, Robert
Bellerue, Mary Bernice, b. 1918
Tournament of Roses
Thompson, Jeanette, b. 1918
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .