"100% American" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "100% American" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View of the "100% American," designed by Antelope valley high school students around the theme of the melting pot. Seated in a bed of flowers are girls of 4 countries: Holland, Russia, Japan and the United States. Perched on the throne is Georgia Graves as the Goddess of Liberty.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.