President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Gov. Frank Merriam, Mayor Percy J. Benbough, and Admiral William T. Tarrant at the California Pacific International Exposition, San Diego, 1935
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Gov. Frank Merriam, Mayor Percy J. Benbough, and Admiral William T. Tarrant at the California Pacific International Exposition, San Diego, 1935
- Date Created
- October 2, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
President Roosevelt visited California's Pacific International Exposition in San Diego on October 2nd. He was greeted by a crowd of 60,000.
This photograph appears with the article, "Roosevelt Sees Bases," Los Angeles Times, 3 Oct 1935: 7.
Four men are seated in a car. From left to right: President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Gov. Frank Merriam, Mayor Percy Benbough, Admiral William T. Tarrant.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Merriam, Frank Finley, 1865-1955
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
California Pacific International Exposition (1935-1936 : San Diego, Calif.)
Tarrant, William Theodore, 1878-1972
Benbough, Percy, (Percival James), 1884-1942
- San Diego (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .