Stanford senior Margaret Joy on her wedding day, Bel Air, 1935
- Stanford senior Margaret Joy on her wedding day, Bel Air, 1935
- Date Created
- December 28, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
23-year-old Stanford senior Margaret Joy is the daughter of Twentieth Century-Fox studio executive Col. Jason Joy, and now the wife of another Stanford senior student, James Shelby Farra, Jr., the son of a retired tobacco planter of Pasadena.
Margaret wears her bridal gown complete with a very long veil and train as she poses in front of an altar of plants and candelabras.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Romance At Stanford Leads To Altar Here," 28 Dec 1935: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Wedding clothing & dress
- Farra, Margaret J, 1914-1989
- Bel Air (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.