Sierra Madre City Council seated at table, Sierra Madre, 1935
- Sierra Madre City Council seated at table, Sierra Madre, 1935
- Date Created
- [December 11, 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Seated at a table from left to right, an unidentified man, Sierra Madre city business manager Al Myers, Councilman William Lees, Acting Mayor Preston Schwartz, Councilman John Froelich, city attorney Phil Dodson, Dodson's assistant Dan Lewis, and an another unidentified man. On the table are a ledger, documents, and ashtrays. Four paintings and the American flag hang on the wall behind the men. This photograph was possibly taken on December 11, 1935 when the Sierra Madre City Council decided to invite a Los Angeles County survey to help the city of Sierra Madre consolidate government functions that overlapped between the city and the county.
Possibly related to the article, "Sweeping City-County 'Merger' Plan in Sierra Madre Launched by Council," Los Angeles Times, 12 Dec 1935: 10.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Myers, Albert S., 1879-1963
Schwartz, Preston, (Mayor)
Dodson, Phil, 1889-1975
- Sierra Madre (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
City council members--California--Sierra Madre
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .