Clellos Rockham and Lillian Abbott learn of Charles Warren DuBois' death, Los Angeles, 1935
- Clellos Rockham and Lillian Abbott learn of Charles Warren DuBois' death, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- December 18, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A similar photograph of Clellos Rockham and Lillian Abbott appears with the article, “Doctor Shot in Mystery,” Los Angeles Times, 18 December 1935: 5.
Clellos Rockham, left, sits next to Lillian Abbot, right, as she learns of her fiancée’s death. Someone’s hands can be seen in the bottom right corner, sifting through papers. Abbott was DuBois' secretary.
Clellos Rockham, a nurse at Good Samaritan Hospital, mourns the mysterious death of her fiancée, Dr. Charles Warren DuBois. DuBois was shot on December 17, 1935. His mother, Grace DuBois, was convicted for his murder in April 1936.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .