Confidence man Joe "Spike" Alperson is taken to court, Los Angeles, 1935
- Confidence man Joe "Spike" Alperson is taken to court, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- December 20, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Mystic in Bunko Net," Los Angeles Times, 21 Dec 1935: A1.
Joe "Spike" Alperson, Hollywood mystic known as Prince Araei Omwah, stood trial yesterday before Justice Holland in Beverly Hills on charges of disturbing the peace and threatening bodily harm to the Dr. U. L. Ghilini, exposer of fake psychics and clairvoyants. Alperson also was placed under technical arrest as a bunko suspect.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .