Dixie Miller, Virginia Andrews, and Elizabeth Wilkes with an oil rig in the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dixie Miller, Virginia Andrews, and Elizabeth Wilkes with an oil rig in the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- November-December 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "City Ready For Oil Men," Los Angeles Times, 10 Nov 1935: 28.
The three women pose with the drilling rig.
The five-day session of the leaders of the oil industry will be devoted mostly to topics of a technical nature and particularly their field but there will also be an extensive entertainment program.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Oil well drilling rigs--California--Los Angeles
American Petroleum Institute
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .