Mrs. Clarence Crabbe, Estella Duffy, Mary Roberman, and Alice Keller watch Miss Elizabeth Morton prepare for the Debutante Derby, Santa Anita, 1935
- Mrs. Clarence Crabbe, Estella Duffy, Mary Roberman, and Alice Keller watch Miss Elizabeth Morton prepare for the Debutante Derby, Santa Anita, 1935
- Date Created
- December 15, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of four women standing watching Miss Elizabeth Morton ride a hobby horse. In the background there is a sign written in English that reads “Santa Claus ENTRANCE”. The four other women watching Elizabeth are Mrs. Clarence Crabbe, Mrs. James B. Duffy Jr. (Estella Duffy), Mrs. Homer Toberman (Mary Toberman), and Reginald Keller (Alice Keller).
This photograph may be associated with the article, “DEBUTANTES’ DERBY CUT OUT AS FEATURE OF SANTA ANITA BALL: Santa Anita Ball Success Assured as Pasteboards Go Assistance League’s Junior Auxiliary Announces Lengthy Guest List,” Los Angeles Times, 15 Dec. 1935, D1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Duffy, Estella, 1908-1988
Clarence, Crabbe, Mrs.
Toberman, Mary, b. 1911 or 12
Keller, Alice, 1909-1996
- Santa Anita (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .