Murder suspect Fred Stettler, Captain Bert Wallis, and Det. Lt. Miles Ledletter, Los Angeles, 1936
- Murder suspect Fred Stettler, Captain Bert Wallis, and Det. Lt. Miles Ledletter, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- February 21, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Three men stand before a doorway. From left to right: Gottfried "Fred" Stettler, Captain Bert Wallis, Detective Lieutenant Ledbetter.Det. Lt. Ledbetter holds the murder weapon in his hand.
25-year-old Swiss chauffeur Gottfried "Fred" Stettler is being held in suspicion of the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Carl and Dorothea Barbour. Stettler was charged with two counts of murder, two counts of burglary, and one count of arson. The victims were found partially cremated in bed with their skulls smashed.
This photograph is possibly related to the article, “Dual Killing Quiz Grows,” Los Angeles Times, 23 Feb. 1936: 9
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Criminal investigations--California--Los Angeles
Stettler, Gottfried, b. 1911
Wallis, Bert, 1880-1959
Ledbetter, Miles, 1893-1972
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .