Head Nurse Charles H. Whitehead celebrates 20 years in his position with fellow nurses Francis Hurley, Pauline Payne, Maude Caffey, and Lila Strange, Los Angeles, 1936
- Head Nurse Charles H. Whitehead celebrates 20 years in his position with fellow nurses Francis Hurley, Pauline Payne, Maude Caffey, and Lila Strange, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- February 7, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Whitehead first became a nurse on September 1, 1908 and was promoted to chief nurse on February 7, 1916. He reminisces on all that has changed.
With Whitehead in the center the other nurse grab onto his arms and each other's bodies.
Photograph appears with the article, "Chief Nurse Felicitated," Los Angeles Times, 08 Feb 1936: A3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Payne, Pauline, b. 1893
Whitehead, Charles H., 1873-1942
Strange, Lila, Nurse
Hurley, Francis, b. 1912
Caffey, Maude Pearl, (Maude P. Cole), b. 1901 or 02-1986
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.