Reverend Erasmus Van Deerlin passes away at 89, Los Angeles, 1936
- Reverend Erasmus Van Deerlin passes away at 89, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- February 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Van Deerlin, Priest, Dies," Los Angeles Times, 27 Feb 1936: A2.
A picture of a photograph of Reverend Van Deerlin holding an open book in his lap. He is a bald man with a solid white beard and glasses. There is a white piece of paper placed over the right side of the photograph with his name written in capital letters.
Reverend Van Deerlin passed away following an illness of several weeks. Several months before his death the Reverend penned his will, picked out his own casket and arranging for his final rites. Born in England, he was a member of the priesthood for 66 years and a former missionary. He is survived by his nine children.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .