C. W. Clendening and L. C. Laurie, ambulance drivers, Los Angeles, 1936
- C. W. Clendening and L. C. Laurie, ambulance drivers, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- [circa February 1936]
- Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- At left, ambulance driver Charles W. Clendening appears to either punch in or punch out of work at the Los Angeles County General Hospital. He wears a white uniform and cap. He stands in profile, facing right, and operates a punch clock that sits on a counter. Behind and to the right of him, L. C. Laurie, chief ambulance driver, wears a suit as he speaks on the telephone.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Los Angeles County General Hospital
Clendening, Charles W., 1876-1960
Laurie, L. C.
- Boyle Heights (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Emergency medical services--California--Los Angeles
Health care personnel
Hours of labor--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .