Checker champion Leonard Leslie Hall and H. P. Kidwell play separate games, surrounded by other club members, Los Angeles, 1936
- Checker champion Leonard Leslie Hall and H. P. Kidwell play separate games, surrounded by other club members, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- February 11, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
At 810 West Sixth Street the Chess and Checker Club meets. The club has members from various backgrounds, some are cattlemen, some are novelists, and there are more than 200 members.
Club members Hall and Kidwell focus on their separate games of checkers while they are watched by an unknown spectator.
Photograph appears with the article, "Game That Makes Men Equal Flourishes Here," Los Angeles Times, 08 Feb 1936: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .