Aubrey Hemming and impromptu Miss Compton Evelyn Hurlburt, Compton, 1936
- Aubrey Hemming and impromptu Miss Compton Evelyn Hurlburt, Compton, 1936
- Date Created
- February 7, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
On Compton day over 2, 000 people visited the New Times Building, school children dismissed from classes at noon so they could tour the newspaper plant.
In the center of a cluster of bouquets Evelyn holds a large bouquet, standing beside an unsmiling Aubrey.
Similar photograph appears with the article, " 'Times' Building Visited by Delegation of 2000," Los Angeles Times, 30 Jan 1936: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Hemming, Aubrey, b. 1931
Hurlburt, Evelyn, 1926-2002
Los Angeles Times Building (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Compton (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .