Boxer Jimmy McLarnin and his wife, Lilian, read a newspaper together, Beverly Hills, 1936
- Boxer Jimmy McLarnin and his wife, Lilian, read a newspaper together, Beverly Hills, 1936
- Date Created
- [circa February 1936]
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Boxer Jimmy McLarnin and his wife, Lillian, read a newspaper together in their Beverly Hills home. Lillian perches on the arm of the chair that Jimmy sits in. On the hearth, there are issues of the Saturday Evening Post and Better Homes and Gardens. McLarnin was featured in the LA Times as he was training to make a comeback in the world of boxing by fighting Tony Canzoneri.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Jimmy McLarnin Training for Comeback Fight Against Canzoneri in March: Little Irishman Has Everything but Title: 'Baby Face' and His Manager Can Look Back on Hardships With a Smile Now," 2 Feb. 1936: A12.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Boxers (Sports)--California--Beverly Hills
McLarnin, Jimmy, 1907-2004
McLarnin, Lillian Grace Cupit, 1914-1985
- Beverly Hills (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .