Military aviator Morey H. Downs beside and airplane, 1926
- Military aviator Morey H. Downs beside and airplane, 1926
- Date Created
- January 2, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Born in Troy, N. Y., Lieut. Morey H. Downs was a pioneer United States Navy aviator who retired from a career in the Navy in 1923. He died from a heart attack in his Hollywood home and was survived by his widow Mrs. Eva M. and a son named Johnny.
Photograp appears with the article, "Downs, Navy Flyer, Dies," Los Angeles Times, 3 Feb. 1936:9.
Photograph of Lieutenant Morey H. Downs in uniform standing beside an airplane.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .