Bank manager T. H. Holmes and cashier A. R. Collins, Los Angeles, 1936
- Bank manager T. H. Holmes and cashier A. R. Collins, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- January 31, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Hero in Bank Hold-Up Hunted in Second Raid," Los Angeles Times, 25 Jan 1936: A3.
After Collins successfully stopped a robbery by shooting a bandit at the Washington-Vineyard branch of Bank of America, two of the bandit's friends came back to rob again and seek vengeance. Manager T. H. Holmes lied that Mr. Collins was out to lunch, and the robbers made off with $1475.50.
Mr. Holmes and Mr. Collins stand side-by-side with Mr. Collins pulling aside his jacket to reveal a partially concealed holster.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .