Author Ludwig Lewisohn and his wife Thelma pose with each other on a visit to Los Angeles, 1936
- Author Ludwig Lewisohn and his wife Thelma pose with each other on a visit to Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- January 31, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Ludwig Lewisohn sits and stares into the camera as his wife Mary Arnold stands beside him with her hand on his shoulder.
German Jewish intellectual Ludwig Lewisohn and his wife the soprano singer Thelma Spear visit Los Angeles while Lewisohn speaks of his views on Zionism, libertarianism and how he and his wife met.
A similar photograph appears in the article, "Lewisohns Pay Visit," Los Angeles Times, 31 Jan. 1936: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .