William Sachtleben or Mr. Richardson dressed in Turkish attire, Turkey, Bursa, 1895
- William Sachtleben or Mr. Richardson dressed in Turkish attire, Turkey, Bursa, 1895
- Sachtleben, William Lewis
- Date Created
- Sachtleben (William Lewis) Papers. Collection 1841
This photograph was most probably taken in 1895, when William Sachtleben was in Turkey to investigate the disappearance of cyclist Frank Lenz who had last been seen near Erzurum. Notes accompanying negatives indicate that during this trip, Sachtleben was in Bursa and travelled from Trabzon to Erzurum. Sachtleben's 1891 photographs of his bicycle tour across Asia have a circular format.
The handwritten list of images may be seen on the image with ark no. 21198/zz002hftdx
The published account of the bicycle journey of William Sachtleben and Thomas G. Allen Jr., Across Asia on a bicycle, mentions a "Mr. Richardson, an American missionary from Erzurum."
William Sachtleben or Mr. Richardson dressed in Turkish attire, seated next to a window
- 1 photographic negative
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.