Southern Pacific train derailed by utility truck, Glendale, 1935
- Southern Pacific train derailed by utility truck, Glendale, 1935
- Date Created
- October 19, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is related to the article, "Train Wreck in Glendale Hurts Dozen," Los Angeles Times, 20 Oct 1935: 1, 10.
A derailed train rests at an angle as spectators watch. The Southern Pacific Railroad locomotive had crashed into a seven-ton truck on the tracks in Glendale, near San Fernando Road and Doran Street. A dozen people were injured, with no fatalities.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .