Oil storage tank of the Julian Petroleum Corporation, 1924-1933
- Oil storage tank of the Julian Petroleum Corporation, 1924-1933
- Date Created
- [between 1924-1933]
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Close-up view of 2 oil tanks belonging to the Julian Petroleum Corporation.
C. C. Julian was a con man who first hit oil in California in 1923 and over-sold shares in oil syndicates through the 1920'a into the 1930's. His business activities were repeatedly investigated. He committed suicide in Shanghai in 1934.
Possibly related to the article, "Julian Wells Under Inspection: Experts Visit Julian Fields," Los Angeles Times, 15 Feb. 1924: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .