Greenhouse for the estate of Arthur Letts, Jr., as it is transported on a residential street, Los Angeles, circa 1927
- Greenhouse for the estate of Arthur Letts, Jr., as it is transported on a residential street, Los Angeles, circa 1927
- Date Created
- [circa 1927]
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of a greenhouse for the Holmby Hills estate of Arthur Letts, Jr., as it is transported on a flatbed on a residential street on the rain.
Related to the photo piece, "Construction Progresses on Arthur Letts, Jr., Dwelling," Los Angeles Times, 6 Feb. 1927: E6. The caption reports that plants and trees for the landscaping were being provided by the estate of Letts deceased father (Holmby House in Los Feliz), who had an extensive garden of several acres in. The garden of his father's estate was destroyed in 1927 for development and rare plants also went to the Huntington Gardens.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.