Chief investigator George Contreras, seated in a biplane on his way to Oregon during the hunt for kidnapper and murderer William Edward Hickman, Los Angeles, 1927
- Chief investigator George Contreras, seated in a biplane on his way to Oregon during the hunt for kidnapper and murderer William Edward Hickman, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Contreras accompanied the first contingent of law enforcement officers headed north, following the trail of William Edward Hickman, wanted for the kidnap and murder of 12-year-old Marion Parker. Hickman was captured on December 22, 1927 in Echo, Oregon, after an eight-day manhunt. He was extradited three days later. Upon his return to Los Angeles, Hickman was tried and sentenced to death for the Parker murder. He was executed at San Quentin, October 19, 1928.
George Contreras, chief of the Los Angeles District Attorney's investigating staff, photographed seated in a biplane on his way to Oregon during the hunt for William Edward Hickman, wanted for the kidnap and murder of 12-year-old Marion Parker.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Hickman Indicted: Jury Rushes Aid to Extradition," 23 Dec. 1927: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Law enforcement officers--California--Los Angeles
Hickman, William Edward, 1908-1928
Contreras, George, 1888-1945
Parker, Marion, 1915-1927
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .