Page in notebook of kidnapper and murderer William Edward Hickman, Los Angeles, 1927 or 1928
- Page in notebook of kidnapper and murderer William Edward Hickman, Los Angeles, 1927 or 1928
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This notebook was confiscated after Hickman's capture in Echo, Oregon, and was examined to ascertain whether Hickman had a female accomplice in the kidnapping. Fingerprints appear above the text.
Notebook page with text (probably lyrics) transcribed by William Edward Hickman, convicted of the kidnapping and murder of Marion Parker, aged 12.
Notebook described in the article, "Hickman Makes His Plea Today: Murderer Expected to Offer Insanity Excuse," Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan. 1928: A2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Criminal investigations--California--Los Angeles
Parker, Marion, 1915-1927
Hickman, William Edward, 1908-1928
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.