Birdseye view of race horse "Las Palmas" winning the first race at Santa Anita Park on Christmas Day, Arcadia, 1934
- Birdseye view of race horse "Las Palmas" winning the first race at Santa Anita Park on Christmas Day, Arcadia, 1934
- Date Created
- December 25, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Birdseye view of about 7 race horses at the end of the first race on opening day at Santa Anita Park, with "Las Palmas" in front, just across the finish line. Horse numbers visible include, L to R: 5, 8, 74, 2 and 6. Fifteen men in suits and hats stand on the turf beyond the track.
Santa Anita Park, the oldest thoroughbred racetrack in Southern California, opened on December 25, 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Bon Amour (Race horse)
Las Palmas (Race horse)
Quick Flight (Race horse)
Gateway (Race horse)
Kent (Race horse)
Westrope, Jack Gordon, , 1918-1958
Santa Anita Park (Arcadia, Calif.)
- Arcadia (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .