John Carney enjoying Thanksgiving dinner at the Midnight Mission, Los Angeles, 1935
- John Carney enjoying Thanksgiving dinner at the Midnight Mission, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- November 28, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
John Carney, seated at table with a plate of food, photographed on Thanksgiving Day. The Midnight Mission served food to thousands of men at this annual celebration of the holiday.
In 1935 the Midnight Mission kitchen was located at the headquarters at 4th St. and Los Angeles St.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Charitable organizations--California--Los Angeles
Thanksgiving Day--California--Los Angeles
Food relief--California--Los Angeles
Midnight Mission (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .